Examples provided for guidance only and do not represent a complete list of potential conflicts.
- Holding outside (non-University) employment or entering into an agreement or arrangement to perform duties similar to university responsibilities, whether another educational institution, organization, government agency, foundation, or any entity outside of the University.
- Excessive personal, non-University consulting or advisory committee services outside the University.
- Founding a company and regularly participating in its operations during normal business hours.
- Holding, running for, or being appointed to a public office.
- Using University resources, including office or laboratory space and secretarial services for personal, non-University consulting services.